E-cigarette and vape products/items are made up of different parts and are therefore subject to different warranties.
• E-cigarette kits and devices (that use external batteries) have a 3-month warranty starting from the date of purchase. However, longer manufacturer warranties may apply to certain products/items, including IOQS (from Philip Morris New Zealand) and VUSE (from British American Tobacco New Zealand).
• Disposable e-cigarette products/items, clearomisers, atomisers (also known as coils or heads), pods, and tanks, are consumable items and are not covered under warranty. However, if they are deemed to be Dead on Arrival (faulty on receipt), we may replace them at our discretion.
• E-liquids are consumable items and are not covered under warranty. The only exception to this rule is if there is a manufacturing fault, in which case we will replace them.
• Batteries and Mods have a limited lifespan that is determined by usage. They are guaranteed for 30 days from the date of purchase. This warranty is void if the unit has been damaged due to misuse and/or tampering.
• Chargers, charging cases, leads, and wall adapters (only for products/items sold separately, not for bundled products/items) are warranted for 3 months from the date of purchase. If an item has an electrical fault, including but not limited to failure to charge, we will replace it. We reserve the right to change our warranty terms without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse any item returned to us that does not meet our stated requirements.
We reserve the right to change our warranty terms without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse any item returned to us that does not meet our stated requirements.
All warranties outlined above will not be applicable for:
• Normal wear and tear;
• Intentional damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accidents, negligence by you or by any third party;
• Failure by you to operate or use the products/items in accordance with instructions;
• Failure by you to carry out normal maintenance of the products/items, including regular cleaning of components and connectors;
• Any alteration or repair by you or any third party other than our authorised repairers;
• or Any specification provided by you.
This does not affect your legal rights in respect of products/items which are defective or do not conform to the description.
Defective or Damaged Products/Items
In the unlikely event that any product/item is defective, damaged, not as described or an item is missing from your order, you must notify us within 48 hours of receipt of the products/items. Any claims made after this period will not be accepted. Please do not dispose of any products/items before reporting the problem as we may require batch numbers, photographic evidence and/or request that the products/items is returned to us.
On receipt of defective products/items, we will test and inspect the products/items. If the product/item is found to be defective, we will offer you a refund or replacement within 7 days of purchase. All refunds will be processed using the same payment method used to place the order. If the products/items is no longer available, we will issue a refund, including postage fees, or an exchange for an alternative product/item of your choice.
If the products/items are deemed not to be defective or the damage is due to misuse, accidental damage or wear and tear, we will not issue a replacement or raise a credit and you will be responsible for all costs incurred in returning the item to us.
We may ask you further questions either before or during the returns process or give you advice on products/items use to reduce any unnecessary returns. Please assist our staff by providing as much information as possible about the reported defect.
Returns & Refunds
Please contact us before returning any products/items by post. Any unsolicited or unauthorised returns may be discarded.
Also, please make sure that the products/items you are returning are placed in their original retail box with all accessories.
We are not responsible for items that get lost or damaged in transit. We recommend that you send returns by recorded delivery, fully insured for the full value of products/items, to ensure that the correct postage is paid. You have a duty to take reasonable care of the products/items while they are in your possession.
Returns must be received within 10 working days of contacting us. If an item is not returned within this time frame, we may not be able to accept it.
Once we have received the returned item, we will fully inspect it to verify the fault. Please allow up to 7 days for the products/items to be inspected and a replacement or credit issued.
Please ensure all returned products/items are securely packaged and sent to the address below along with the completed customer return form.
34 Porana Road
Alternatively, returns can be made in person by visiting one of our three retail stores in Auckland.
1. URBAN VAPE – Wairau Valley located at 34 Porana Road, Wairau Valley, Auckland 0627
2. URBAN VAPE – Albany located at 5/215 Rosedale Road, Albany, Auckland 0632
3. URBAN VAPE – Auckland City located at 161 Hobson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1011